We’ve been tracking the major news that Allscripts was discontinuing MyWay since the news first came out. One of the major questions I had was how the VARs were going to react to the news. Aprima has made a big case for MyWay users to go with them and they have a pretty compelling case to make.
I got an email that a VAR sent out to its users that makes a pretty compelling case for Aprima versus Allscripts Pro. I copied part of the email below. When you look at the list of items that won’t be moved from Myway to Allscripts Pro, I think my prediction that few users will make that transition is ever more solid. Although, the question still remains how many will go with Aprima versus some other EHR. If Aprima does a solid job with the VARs, then it could be a really big win for them.
Here’s part of the email the VAR sent:
Aprima’s Upgrade Program Gives You…
- Free Aprima licenses for Allscripts customers whose product is being migrated – no need to re-buy software!
- Same core product – the Allscripts product being migrated started as Aprima 2008
- Same look and feel with nearly 1,000 enhancements
- Minimal learning curve of new features, minimal to no downtime
- Your existing data intact; this is a proven product upgrade, not a conversion
- Live webinars and on-site training available
- Ongoing upgrades and development of the product, no end of life sun setting
- Product will meet Meaningful Use and support ICD10
- Support is U.S.-based
It is important to note with the migration to Allscripts PRO, data will be exported from one system into another and not all data will come across during this process. MyWay and PRO are very different. As a result, you will need to be retrained on the new system and create new workflows. Most significantly, none of the financial data will be included, so you will be left with running down old balances in MyWay while setting up the new PRO PM. See below for a list of data points that will not be migrated:
- Financial Transaction Data
- Financial History, Superbills, Payment, and Adjustment transaction detail will not be migrated into the Allscripts PM system.
- Allscripts MyWay clients will continue to use their current system to work down their previous Accounts Receivable for a period of time.
- Current Patient account-forward financial balances in Allscripts MyWay will not be migrated to Allscripts PM.
- PM reporting details and history will not be migrated from Allscripts MyWay into the Allscripts PM system.
- Practice management reports will be replaced by the Allscripts PM reporting capabilities.
- Insurance claim status and reimbursement history will not be migrated from Allscripts MyWay into Allscripts PM.
- The Integrated Easy Pay credit card processing feature in Allscripts MyWay is not compatible with Allscripts PM and will not be migrated. Clients can use the Intuit Pay Page functionality in Allscripts PM or use a non-integrated credit card solution for credit card processing.
- Allscripts MyWay Audit Trail detail will not be migrated into Allscripts PM.
- Will require retraining for you and your staff
- Will require additional data conversion
- Online training + potential weekend time if you want live, hands-on sessions
- Possible reduced patient load during transition